• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    The Binding of Isaac hank noob smh my head

    The Binding of Isaac hank noob smh my head


    hank noob smh my head

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    That's kinda rude game

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    POV : ur mom watches christian broadcasts on tv

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    astrology girls be like “oh I’m an Aquarius”

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    I'm like ok bitch that's the worst fucking sign you should have taken Scorpio for the poison tears dumbass

    submitted by /u/-Wolf1-
    [link] [comments]

    Family Portrait

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    You can do that

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    had a pretty good greed run today

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    Looks like Teleport 2.0 can teleport you out of the game now.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Its fine, I didn't want to beat this stupid whacky challenge anyway.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    TBOI cookies maded by my girlfriend

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    They're pretty much fucked after that.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    River of Despair (should this be spoiler tagged?)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    Well, that wasn't fair. Don't use an I'm Drowsy Pill against Hush now. Due to the nerf, You can't outrun his Blue Vortex lasers, as they are tied to your base Speed Stat, not your slowed down one.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    When your damage sucks...

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    thank god

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Let's talk difficulty

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:46 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I want to write a bit about difficulty because that seems to be at the heart of the discussions when it comes to the quality Repentance offers over Afterbirth+. Let me preface this by saying that this post only reflects personal observations and opinions and I do NOT want to make the impression that there is a objective measure of quality here - because there isn't. You should form your own opinion.

    Now why am I making this post? Because (user) reviews of this game are weird. There seem to be mainly two camps of people: (a) people who don't appreciate the changes in balancing and difficulty at all ("This is anti-fun"), and (b) people who REALLY appreciate it ("Get good"). Of course there are more opinions and I'm a bit over-exaggarating, etc.; but these are the two vocal camps right now. I tried to read as many discussions about the topic as I can, but the arguments are not really more elaborate than these two aspects, which is a shame. There seems to be a big divide in people when it comes to their understanding what fun and difficulty means for some reason.

    I mean, I'm not trying to explain what fun is, this is something even researchers argue about. What I want to discuss is: What is difficulty here? What does hard even mean when people say "it's too hard" or "it should be hard!"?

    I think for some, hard means "perfect execution and attention and learning enemy patterns to never get hit, even if your Delirium-fight lasts 6 minutes" and stuff like that. And if you view it this way, of course you get frustrated, because in a game where everything is so random, this just... doesn't really work. You could grind a lot and still die to a random hit. But that is not really the "key" to be good in Isaac.

    When I first heard about the balance changes (specifically nerfs), my immediate reaction was: Oh no! Because, like many others, I thought the satisfaction of finding good items and combos (even game-breaking ones) was the point of playing Isaac. The soul of the game is not shooting or evading (you wouldn't really need any items for that if it's only that), but building a strong synergy - finding the right run. So, without ever playing, I was put off by the news and kinda thought "I hate it when people tell me how to have fun, this destroys the experience".

    But, you know, I dug deeper and looked at the changes (which do not consist only of nerfs, but loads of buffs). This is where things changed for me. I think the design of the balance changes was actually not to have the focus on "get better in shooting and evading", but it is even more than ever "find the right synergy". Now the useless items are not as useless anymore - every item seems at least situational. And the great items are not universally great anymore (same goes for mechanics like shops or devil rooms). The playing field changed in a way that underlines what Isaac is about: Building a good run by strategizing about the right decisions to make. Items interact with each other SO MUCH and also with the world that now is (due to the alt paths) more complex and choice-based. Isaac is now more a strategy-game than every before, which supports the core draw of the game (in my opinion). Like, I'm convinced that these weren't changes to make people play the "developer-intended way", but the opposite. This is a sum of design decisions that make good runs more varied and removes the universally good solution.

    So what is difficulty in Isaac? Evading and knowing enemies is of course a big part of it, but way more important is knowing mechanics, synergies and using the best (situational) strategies to increase your chance of building an incredible run. That's why people are struggling even though they have 2000 hours experience - there are a lot of new interactions to understand and new things to learn.

    Now I'm not trying to fanboy here (although I know it seems like it). I am NOT saying "get good". But I say: Look closer. I've had many issues with the design of Isaac over the years: I absolutely hate curses for example (especially the ones that remove your map or the ability to see Items). They are either just annoying or even remove strategy. I think time constraints for Boss Rush, Hush AND Delirium is stupid, because you can't play the best way when you're under time pressure. Afterbirth+ Keeper was terrible, come on. Pre-buff Lost was even worse. He made it seem like the game was about perfect execution, although literally everything is randomized. On the other hand, Afterplus+ Lost was great and I think Repentance Lost is even better, because he is designed for the skills you need: Find the right strategies to get offensively overpowered and do it fast, while not punishing you for all the random stuff that just happens.

    This is also why I like Delirium probably more than most people: He is so obviously not designed to be beaten with bad items and no health, because he randomly hits you out of nowhere. He is supposed to be beaten by "breaking" the game, by understanding the mechanics and using them to your advantage. "Game-breaking" seems now hard again (especially in hard mode), because many obvious and easy breaks are removed. But I feel like there are now many more ways to break runs by specific combinations (although it is still early - take it with a grain of salt). If you start Repentance, you kinda have to start at square 0 and not just assume that you have ALL the skills and knowledge you need to be considered good at the game. Okay, maybe this sounds a bit like "get good", but I want to make an important distinction:

    I have an issue with the accessibility decisions in the game. It is (overall) a game that is VERY directed at a certain type of player and makes it unnecessarily hard for other types or new players to get into the game (and makes it impossible for everyone to finish it 100%). I feel like this is a different issue, so I'm talking right now only about balance changes between AB+ and Repentance. I'm pleasantly surprised with the changes, because I felt balance and what a good Isaac experience is was sometimes lost in Afterbirth+. Things that were "hard" in AB+ were hard for the wrong reasons (looking at the Ultra Hard challenge, where I'm convinced no playtester approved, but they just put it in "for people who love pain"). Now I realize how broken most items in AB+ were (like either not worth taking in ANY situation or to be taken in EVERY situation). This seems to be not the case anymore and I'm all for it.

    Again, it's not all perfect - there are still design decisions that are based around the obnoxious need to frustrate players - and accessibility is a big issue. (I mean you can't tell me that there are more than 5 people out there who genuinely enjoy things like Tainted Lost, which again pulls in the completely other direction, because even if you know a lot, you probably gonna get randomly killed by a troll bomb.)

    BUT in light of the discussion "Balance changes good vs. bad": I think they are a huge improvement to AB+. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Vanilla_Noir
    [link] [comments]

    My 9yo daughter made this today. Went right on the fridge. <3

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    It appears sprinkler is kind of OP in the final fight

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    This has been my experience with TBOI so far

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    Bruh

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    possibly the dumbest thing i've ever done

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    I'm not the best ,drew him in class ,his name is tom

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Damn you game, that's a whole pile of crap

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    *trolled*

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment